Yet another techie's blog

The rants and occassional rave of a desktop support tech workin' (if you can call it that) for the government.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The return of the Klingon

yeah, yeah, yeah..it's been awhile since I posted anything. Big deal, wanna fight about it?

So this is what's been going on with me lately.

I'm searching for a new place to live, hopefully before the (mis)management of my current apartment drives me completely insane. See, the apartment building I live in now used to be all rentals. A new company bought the building and they're converting to over-priced condos. Part of this conversion is the complete remodeling of the building and every unit (for currently occupied units, they wait until we move out to renovate).
You can probably imagine what it's like to live in a place that's being torn down and rebuilt right under your feet. Most of the work is done while I'm at work, but for the last couple of months they've been starting earlier and earlier and they work on the weekends now too.
I can usually tolerate a lot of noise, but the last couple of nights have been pretty bad. They re-tiled the main lobby the other night (they started working on it at 5pm and didn't stop until after 9pm), and the amount of noise these guys made was unbearable. I couldn't hear myself think, I had to leave my place for an hour just to get some peace.

Soon enough, though all these minor annoyances will be behind me. I'll be in a new place (perhaps in a different state?), with new annoyances to give me migraines. Kind of like the one I have now...

That's all for now, since my head is pounding so much I can't see straight.

And for those of you who have been asking...the alienware laptop is fantastic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home